Avast BreachGuard (3 PCs, 3 Years, Global)
Delivery: Your Product Code will be sent to your e-mail after your purchase.
License Key: Official software product code.
Software Download: Direct link to download and redeem from the official manufacturers’ website.
Devices: 3 PCs.
Duration: 3 Years.
Protect your sensitive online information against data loss, data leaks, data breaches, and collection by third parties — even on the dark web — and get personal assistance from our experts whenever you need it.
- Monitor for data breaches 24/7
- Scan the dark web for info breaches.
- Take back your personal info
- Get smart privacy advice
Defend your privacy with BreachGuard
Protect your personal information and know what to do if your privacy comes under attack:
Monitor for data breaches 24/7
Check for leaks of your personal info and protect it from hackers.
Take back your personal info
Stop companies from collecting and selling your personal info.
Get smart privacy advice
Get help adjusting the privacy settings of your online accounts.
Get support from our team of US-based specialists
Resolve identity theft issues with the support of our Identity Assist team.
Data breaches happen every day, but BreachGuard keeps you safe around the clock
If a website you use gets hacked…
… and your personal info is at risk…
… we detect the hack and help secure you.
Monitor your personal info and protect against identity theft
- Automatically scan the dark web for personal information that may have been part of a data leak or data breach.
- Stay on top of new data breaches and immediately take the right steps to protect your personal information and avoid identity theft.
- Ensure your passwords are strong and aren’t similar to ones that have been leaked.
Reclaim your personal info from data brokers
Data brokers are companies that build a profile of you based on what you do online, including your address, health, and financial information.
They can then sell your information to third parties, which can seriously impact your credit rating, insurance rates, and loan eligibility.
BreachGuard stops these companies from collecting or selling your information by removing it from their databases.
Remove leaked personal and sensitive information
- Automatically send requests to remove your personal info from data broker databases.
- Make sure your info stays protected by automatically resending removal requests.
- Prevent marketers from collecting your personal info and selling it to third parties.
BreachGuard makes it simple to protect your sensitive accounts
Strengthen your online account privacy settings
- Control the amount of private information you share publicly.
- Stop anyone from finding and spying on you through social media.
- Reduce the amount of personal info companies have on you.
Get support 24/7 from our Identity Assist team
Rely on our specialists to resolve any identity theft issues
- Get help fast when you need it
Send our team suspicious emails, websites, text messages and other communications and get a written security analysis within 24 hours.
- Quickly resolve credit freezes
Notify our team immediately and we’ll help you resolve any credit freezes.
- Easily resolve credit disputes
Our team will help you resolve fraudulent credit card charges and deal with any follow-ups.
- Experience real customer support
Lost your wallet? Need to inform the authorities? Need emergency funds? We help you with all that, and more.
Get a clear overview of your privacy
The BreachGuard dashboard shows you your privacy score so you can easily understand your privacy level and take action to improve it.
Windows 10 and Windows 11 compatible.
PC with Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8 or 7 (both the 32 and 64-bit versions, excluding Mixed Reality, Mobile, IoT, Starter, and RT editions), 1 GB RAM and 2 GB of hard disk space
Mac running macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or later
You may also be wondering…
Where can my personal info be compromised online?
1. Legal marketplaces. Third-party data brokers and advertisers can collect your personal information without you knowing or agreeing to it. There is an enormous legal market for this, though it’s quite controversial.
2. Illegal marketplaces. These are online marketplaces, many of which are on the dark web, where hackers sell your personal info that they’ve stolen, including credit card numbers. This can lead to identity theft.
3. Sign-up services. Facebook and Google are free services that rely on your data to function. They make rampant use of this data, storing it and combining it to form a portrait of you based on your use of their services.
What is a data breach?
Data breaches occur when sensitive data is exposed. Your digital information is stored around the world in hundreds of databases. Most companies have security measures in place to prevent hacking attempts, and data-leakage disasters. The danger is that your leaked data could end up being sold on the dark web.
What are data brokers?
Data brokers are companies that sell personal data using sophisticated methods to track you around the web. They combine the info they collect with profiles of you that they’ve purchased from other companies. This includes financial, health, and personal details like your address and information about your online activities. This is an invasive practice, but it’s extremely common, and makes up a multi-billion dollar industry.
What is identity theft?
Identity theft is the criminal act of using your personal data, like your name and financial information, to take advantage of you online. It is usually done by hackers to steal your money.
What is the dark web?
The dark web is a part of the internet that can only be accessed with an anonymizing network like the Tor browser. Though it has a bad reputation, the dark web is simply a more private part of the internet. However, the extreme privacy the dark web affords does make it easier for illicit activity to occur, since hackers can buy and sell personal information that may have come from a data breach. This leads to credit card theft, among other bad things. To be clear, the legal data brokers mentioned above don’t operate on the dark web.
How do I remove my personal data from the internet?
Removing personal data from the internet is complicated to say the least. While it would be incredibly hard to even figure out which data brokers have your info, you would then have to send requests to each broker asking that they remove your info from their database. While legally they do have to comply, this also takes time. Even well-known services like Google and Facebook, which claim to make privacy an option, don’t make it straightforward or easy. And, in the worst case, if your info is being sold on the dark web, it is almost impossible to get it back. Good security is thus imperative.
How do I create a strong password?
Password managers are the best way to create strong passwords. They create a random group of characters that would be very hard to remember and automatically fill in your login information for you when you need it. If you want to make your own strong password, it’s best to use a group of words – almost a sentence– and perhaps throw some numbers in there for good measure, like, “hereismymagnificentspasswordthatimadein2020.”